Salads are one of my favourite things about summer, but just because winter is here doesn’t mean you have to wave salads goodbye. This warm, Mediterranean inspired salad dressing is perfect for cooler season salads. The unique flavour of Vasse Valley Roasted Hemp Seed Crumble adds an earthiness and crunch, giving this dressing an extra bit of flair.
- 2 shallots, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 6 semi dried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 50ml red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 red capsicum, finely diced
- 2-3 tbsp Vasse Valley Roasted Hemp Seed Crumble
- *Optional extra – Vasse Valley Hemp Seed Oil
- Gently heat the shallots and garlic until transparent.
- Add red wine vinegar and brown sugar and reduce until almost all the liquid is gone.
- Remove from heat and add the remaining ingredients.
- Add seasoning according to taste.
- Drizzle with Vasse Valley Hemp Seed Oil to taste
- Use to dress your favourite salad
This recipe is brought to you by Vicky Austin – Sous-chef at Basalt Restaurant, Bunbury, Western Australia