- YUMMY and MOUTH WATERING lentil & hemp seed patties!
Vasse Valley Brand Ambassador Sarah Grace has been loving hemp seeds lately for two main reasons:
1) they’re just so versatile (sprinkle on salads, in smoothies, add them to pretty much anything!)
2) they’re packed full of protein, omega-3s, healthy fats, fibre and important vitamins such as vitamin E and some B-group vitamins, & minerals such as iron and magnesium!
Recipe Key Ingredients
Find the recipe below for these flavour-packed lentil & hemp seed patties to make them for yourself
▪️1x 400g tin lentils (rinsed & drained)
▪️1x large carrot (grated, unpeeled)
▪️ 1x white onion (diced)
▪️ 1/2 cup @vassevalley Raw Hemp Hearts
▪️ 1 tsp minced garlic
▪️ 1 tsp smoked paprika
▪️ 1/2 tsp ground cumin
▪️ 2x eggs
▪️ 1/2 cup bread crumbs
▪️ Salt & pepper, to taste
Why hemp seeds?
Those familiar with hemp seeds (also known as hemp hearts) will know this all too well. Hemp hearts are a nutritional powerhouse and contain a range of vitamins, minerals, healthy fats and high quality protein.
Besides being super healthy, hemp hearts can be farmed sustainable, and often without the use of harmful agricultural sprays.
Make sure the hemp products you purchase are Australian grown to ensure you are supporting your local hemp industry. Vasse Valley Raw Hemp Hearts are 100% Australian.
1. Place lentils into a large mixing bowl and lightly mash them with a potato masher or the back of a fork.
2. Add carrot, onion, Hemp Hearts, garlic, paprika, cumin, salt & pepper and mix together.
3. Add eggs and breadcrumbs, and mix with hands to combine mixture (add more or less breadcrumbs to achieve desired consistency where the mixture holds its shape well).
4. Lightly grease a fry pan and set heat to low/medium. Roll mixture into balls the size of your palm and lightly flatten mixture before transferring to fry pan.
5. Fry patties for ~10 min, flipping halfway.
6. Enjoy your lentil & hempseed patties on a burger or as part your favourite salad!
Use code SARAHG10 to get 10% off any @vassevalley products
a recipe by Sarah Grace
“Sarah is a lover of all things health and true foodie at heart, Sarah is an energetic and enthusiastic final year student dietitian who thrives on empowering women to live their healthiest, happiest lives.”
Follow Sarah here – https://www.instagram.com/sarahgracedietitian/
Make sure that you’re following on social media to be the first to see our latest recipes and follow our hashtag #VasseValley to see what the fans are coming up with!