Sometimes its hard to make desserts healthy, especially for kids. Whilst avoiding sugar entirely is not always an option, a great way to reduce sugar intake is to substitute it with something more nutritious.
Add some fibre to your desserts with this Oat and Hemp Crumble. Most of us are only consuming about 9 – 11 grams of fibre per day, however recommendations say we should be eating 28-38 grams. This means we need to TRIPLE the amount of fibre in our daily diets!
This versatile recipe can be served with stewed apples, ice cream, pancakes, or add to muesli for some sweet, crunchy bliss.
- 220g rolled oats
- 80g melted butter
- 50g golden syrup
- 1/2 tsp cocoa
- 4 tbsp Vasse Valley Roasted Hemp Seed Crumble
- Preheat oven to 160°C
- Mix the oats, melted butter, golden syrup and cocoa in a bowl.
- Transfer to a baking tray and bake for 10 minutes until golden.
- Mix in the hemp seed crumble.
- Serve with stewed apples, ice cream, pancakes, or add to muesli for some sweet, crunchy bliss.
This recipe is brought to you by Vicky Austin – Sous-chef at Basalt Restaurant, Bunbury, Western Australia