- Ten serves of Healthy Hemp Seed Vegetarian Pumpkin, Zucchini Bread. Packed with some heart healthy plant based omega-3 fatty acids!
“Everything is better with nut-butter on top!” – CAROLINE FITZGERALD
With a rise in the do it yourself approach during COVID19 and various home lock downs, Caroline has simply loved incorporating some of our Vasse Valley Hemp Dukkah with her recipes!
Hemp seed dukkah
If you’re not yet familiar with Vasse Valley’s Roasted Hemp Seed Dukkah there is a good reason why it has been included in this recipe. It is NOT your regular dukkah.
Firstly, it contains Vasse Valley’s unique Roasted Hemp Seed Crumble, which adds a nutty, earthy flavour and crunch.
Secondly, the carefully selected spices are balanced in just the right way to give it that award-winning WOW factor. Caution – this product is highly addictive!
Benefits of the pumpkin
Pumpkin is packed in nutrients and in particular rich in Vitamin A.
In fact, one cup of cooked pumpkin (245 grams) contains:
- Calories: 49
- Fat: 0.2 grams
- Protein: 2 grams
- Carbs: 12 grams
- Fiber: 3 grams
- Vitamin A: 245% of the Reference Daily Intake (RDI)
- Vitamin C: 19% of the RDI
- Potassium: 16% of the RDI
- Copper: 11% of the RDI
- Manganese: 11% of the RDI
- Vitamin B2: 11% of the RDI
- Vitamin E: 10% of the RDI
- Iron: 8% of the RDI
Benefits of almond flour
Almond flour is often regarded as a popular alternative to wheat. In fact, almond flour is extremely nutritious and low in carbs.
One ounce (28 grams) contains:
- Calories: 163
- Fat: 14.2 grams (9 of which are monounsaturated)
- Protein: 6.1 grams
- Carbs: 5.6 grams
- Dietary fiber: 3 grams
- Vitamin E: 35% of the RDI
- Manganese: 31% of the RDI
- Magnesium: 19% of the RDI
- Copper 16% of the RDI
- Phosphorus 13% of the RDI
Benefits of zucchini
Zucchini is a great source of iron, calcium, zinc and a bunch of B vitamins. Although zucchini is often labeled as a fruit, it is packed with antioxidants and may help prevent free radical damage in the body.
One cup (223 grams) of cooked zucchini provides:
- Calories: 17
- Protein: 1 gram
- Fat: less than 1 gram
- Carbs: 3 grams
- Sugar: 1 gram
- Fiber: 1 gram
- Vitamin A: 40% of the Reference Daily Intake (RDI)
- Manganese: 16% of the RDI
- Vitamin C: 14% of the RDI
- Potassium: 13% of the RDI
- Magnesium: 10% of the RDI
- Vitamin K: 9% of the RDI
- Folate: 8% of the RDI
- Copper: 8% of the RDI
- Phosphorus: 7% of the RDI
- Vitamin B6: 7% of the RDI
- Thiamine: 5% of the RDI
Healthy Vegetarian Pumpkin, Zucchini & Hemp Seed Bread
A recipe by Caroline Fitzgerald – www.instagram.com/she_snacks/
Caroline is a foodie based in Adelaide that loves fitness and sharing macro friendly recipes. She is also an ambassador for Vasse Valley, THE BOD™ and Bulk Nutrients.
- 250g (raw weight) pumpkin, steamed, puréed and cooled (I used butternut)
- 3 eggs, whisked
- 50g Vasse Valley Hemp Seed Dukkah
- 75g almond meal
- 150g rolled oats (blitzed in food processor)
- 10g baking powder
- 10g instant dried yeast
- 250g grated zucchini (blot excess liquid with paper towel)
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Set up your 3 bowls of ingredients as shown in 2nd photo.
3. Pour the mixed wet ingredients into the mixed dry ingredients, stir to form a dough.
4. Stir through grated zucchini.
5. Pour into a large loaf tin lined with baking paper. Sprinkle extra @vassevalley Hemp Seed Dukkah and optional sunflower/any other seeds on top.
6. Bake for 45-50mins until golden and crusty on the outside. Cool before slicing. Serve fresh or toasted.
MACROS (per slice, when cut into 10 – not including any extras sprinkled on top)
Don’t forget to share this delicious recipe with your friends and leave us a review!
Feedback is always welcome so we can keep improving the quality of our recipes for our growing fan base.