- 188g butter in cubes
- 215g dark chocolate (70% cocoa)
- 70ml warm water
- 100g sugar
- 2 small eggs
- 5 egg yolks
- 40g cocoa
- 260g whipped cream
- 3 tsp Vasse Valley Roasted Hemp Seed Crumble
- Lightly grease an 8cm x 22cm (1-litre capacity) terrine or loaf tin. Line with plastic wrap, leaving the excess to hang over the sides.
- Place a bowl over a pan of simmering water (make sure bowl doesn’t touch the water). Add chocolate and whisk for 5-6 minutes until melted. Add butter one piece at a time, whisking between each addition until melted. Remove from heat and allow to cool 30 min.
- Whisk the eggs, yolks and sugar until light and creamy.
- Mix the cocoa with the water to make a smooth paste.
- Add the chocolate mix to the paste and then gently fold in the egg mix followed by the cream and hemp seed crumble.
- Pour into a terrine, fold over plastic wrap to cover, then refrigerate overnight.
This recipe is brought to you by Vicky Austin – Sous-chef at Basalt Restaurant, Bunbury, Western Australia