This warm chicken salad dressing is perfect for cooler season salads. It is simply packed with flavour from shallots, garlic, spring onion and semi-dried tomatoes.
The unique flavour of Vasse Valley Roasted Hemp Seed Crumble adds an earthiness and crunch, giving this dressing an extra bit of flair.
The use of hemp seed oil instead of olive oil adds to the uniqueness of this dressing.
If you haven’t tried hemp seed oil before, it has a mild, nutty flavour and is exceptionally well balanced in omega 6:3 fatty acids. What does this mean? It means it is super good for you!
Warm chicken salad dressing
This recipe is brought to you by Vicky Austin – Sous-chef at Basalt Restaurant, Bunbury, Western Australia
- 2 shallots, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 6 semi dried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 50ml red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 red capsicum, finely diced
- 2-3 tbsp Vasse Valley Roasted Hemp Seed Crumble
- 2-3 tbsp Vasse Valley Hemp Seed Oil
- Gently heat the shallots and garlic until transparent.
- Add red wine vinegar and brown sugar and reduce until almost all the liquid is gone.
- Remove from heat and add the remaining ingredients.
- Add seasoning according to taste.
- Drizzle with Vasse Valley Hemp Seed Oil to taste
- Spoon over a bowl of greens and warmed, roasted chicken strips.
ENJOY, REVIEW, SHARE 🙂