Enjoy these lovely recipes inspired by Vasse Valley Roasted Hemp Seed Crumble
Enjoy these lovely recipes inspired by Vasse Valley Roasted Hemp Seed Paste
Chicken Rubbed with Roasted Hemp Seed
This recipe is brought to you by Vicky Austin – Sous-chef at Basalt Restaurant, Bunbury, Western Australia
188g butter in cubes
215g dark chocolate (70% cocoa)
70ml warm water
2 small eggs
5 egg yolks
260g whipped cream
3 tsp Vasse Valley Roasted Hemp Seed Crumble
- Lightly grease an 8cm x 22cm (1-litre capacity) terrine or loaf tin. Line with plastic wrap, leaving the excess to hang over the sides.
- Place a bowl over a pan of simmering water (make sure bowl doesn’t touch the water). Add chocolate and whisk for 5-6 minutes until melted. Add butter one piece at a time, whisking between each addition until melted. Remove from heat and allow to cool 30 min.
- Whisk the eggs, yolks and sugar until light and creamy.
- Mix the cocoa with the water to make a smooth paste.
- Add the chocolate mix to the paste and then gently fold in the egg mix followed by the cream and hemp seed crumble.
- Pour into a terrine, fold over plastic wrap to cover, then refrigerate overnight.